Despite the many benefits massage offers to the body, not everyone has the means or time, to visit a massage therapist one or more times each week.
Fortunately, massagers provide many of the same benefits.
The day to day things one do, such as always looking down to read a message on the cellphone and the bad sleeping habits, puts a strain on the neck and shoulders.
How can massagers help?
The right massager can alleviate pain and stiffness while aiding in muscle recovery, reducing lactic acid buildup, enhancing circulation, improving range of motion, and lowering stress.
Long-term stress can cause muscle tension, which can lead to stress-related disorders, such as tension headaches and migraine headaches.
Massage treatment can also help:
- increase joint mobility and flexibility
- reduce symptoms of depression
- improve blood circulation
- decrease levels of stress hormones
In this article we will present 6 online pages who researched, studied and asked around as to the best shoulders massagers the market offers to date.
First is Your Best Digs – they provide their audience with detailed information about home products, along with their recommendations for the products that stand out as the best of the best.
Their choices are: They said that after more than 40 hours of testing with their 10-person focus group and conversations with nationally recognized research doctors, they determined that:
- RESTECK – Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager is the best neck massager on the market. Its premium build quality, simple operation, and effective pain relief make it a strong winner.
- Mynt – Shiatsu Massage Pillow is small, portable, and suitable for the car, bed, or office this if you want a hands-free massager,
- InvoSpa – Shiatsu Kneading Massager they also recommend this as a great alternative for relieving fatigued neck and shoulder muscles.
Second is Very Well Health– they independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products. Healthcare professionals review their articles for medical accuracy.
Their choices are:
- InvoSpa’s Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager as the best overall because it uses eight roller balls to break up tight tissues and relieve sore muscles.
- LuxFit’s Neck Massager targets pressure points for tension headaches.
- HoMedics Shiatsu Deluxe Neck and Shoulder Massager- Best Shiatsu Massager because they are helpful in releasing tight muscles and trigger points.
Third is Medical News Today –they listed massagers available on the market and presented it based on research.
Their top choices include:
- FIVE S FS8801 Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager- This massager is suitable for use in the office and car. It has a soothing heat function, eight massage nodes, and an automatic shut-off feature.
The Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager has three intensity settings, two massage directions, and eight massage nodes. The company states that this product is suitable for the neck, shoulders, back, abdomen, legs, and feet.
- Naipo Rechargeable Neck and Shoulder Massager- This neck and shoulder massager is cordless and rechargeable. It has a heating function for relieving muscle soreness.
It offers a bidirectional massage and eight deep-kneading shiatsu massage nodes. People can adjust the intensity with three speed levels.
The product also features an automatic shut-off and is suitable for use all over the body.
- JamGym Muscle Massage Gun- This massage device is suitable for the neck, shoulder, and back. It has an LCD touchscreen and 30 adjustable speed levels.
The JamGym Muscle Massage Gun has 10 attachments, and according to the company, it is quiet while in use. It also features a rechargeable battery that holds up to 6 hours of charge.
- Zongs Manual Massage Ball- This manual massage ball can alleviate pain and soreness that develops in the neck, shoulders, upper back, arms, and legs.
The ball, which people can roll across the body, is suitable for use with lotions and essential oils. The company claims this product may help improve blood circulation.
The device features a 360-degree spin direction. Zongs states that the materials it uses in the ball are sturdy, durable, and hypoallergenic.
Fourth is Healthline- they presented The 10 Best Neck Massagers for Neck and Shoulder Pain in 2022.
Their top choices are:
- InvoSpa Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager- This massage pillow contains eight bidirectional, deep-kneading shiatsu roller balls that users say feel like human hands.
- VOYOR Neck Massager- Best massagers for the neck.
- RENPHO Rechargeable Handheld Deep Tissue Massager- Best handheld massager
- TruMedic Shiatsu Neck, Back and Shoulder Massager with Heat- Best massagers for neck and shoulders.
Fifth conch-house.com presented their top 10 Best Handheld Massager for Neck And Shoulders In 2022 and their top choices are:
- RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager For Muscles, Back, Foot, Neck, Shoulder, Leg, Calf Cordless Electric Percussion Body Massage.
- CuraCane Handheld Massager Neck, Back, Shoulders Knees By IntiMD | Тrigger Point Occipital Massage Stick Tool With Balls For Self Muscle Deep Tissue Massage, Relaxation, Tension Relief
- Handheld Massager, Neck Shoulder Back Resin Massager Guasha Relieve Bursitis, Stress Relief Relax Eliminating Excess Body Fat Deposition Body Massage Tool.
- Massage Trigger Point Cane, Body Deep Tissue, Handheld Back, Neck, Shoulder, Leg And Feet Massager Rod, Muscle Release Tool Self Massage Hook Cane For Women & Men
Last is Byrdie – they independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products for deep tissue massage available in the market.
Their top choices are:
- Best Overall: Hyperice Hypervolt- delivers up to 3,200 percussions per minute, quiet and bluetooth-enabled.
- Best Budget: Rykr Roll MYO rykr roll- uses the pressure of your hand to deliver deep-tissue massage nearly anywhere on your body—shoulders, back, neck, calves, you name it—while enhancing blood flow and sending oxygen to your muscles.
- Best Splurge: TheraGun G3PRO- totally Worth the Investmeny; synonymous with deep-tissue massagers.
- Best for Shoulders: Naipo Shoulder & Neck Massager- drapes over your shoulders and gets deep into your muscles, thanks to eight kneading nodes.
What kind of massage is best for someone who has lots of tension in their shoulders?
If one is suffering from tensions and aches that cannot be solved by a classic Swedish massage then a deep tissue massage might be the answer. During a deep tissue massage, the pressure is stronger and concentrated on the problematic area which might lead to a little bit of discomfort. It is worth it though as it helps alleviate the pain in the long term.
However with the kind of lifestyles people have in the modern times, tensions and aches are common and it is hard to look for an available massage therapist, thus massagers became handy.